Yet another hectic week has begun and you wonder how you have to take care of your lunches again. Why not try out these easy recipes for tasty packed lunches? Besides, you can save money and have a convenient meal at lunchtime. After all, it’s basically killing two birds with one stone while you’re at it! Check out the recipes below now!
Tuna Salad Sushi Wraps
1 canned tuna, drained
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon canned coconut milk
½ teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
4-6 nori seaweed sheets
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1. Stir together tuna, olive oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, cumin and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Spoon mixture over nori wraps.
3. Top with veggies and roll into cone-shaped wraps.
Chicken Caesar Wraps
4 whole wheat flatbread
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cups cooked bacon crumbs
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup Caesar dressing
parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
1. Layer about 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup tomatoes, bacon and avocado on top of the flatbread.
2. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of Caesar dressing.
3. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.
4. Roll the wrap-up starting at one edge.
Sweet & Sour Broccoli Salad
½ cup sweet and sour sauce
3 small stalks of broccoli, cleaned, cut into small florets, blanched
2 stalks green scallions, sliced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
black sesame seeds
1. Spoon out 1/4 a cup of sweet and sour sauce in a large glass bowl.
2. Add the broccoli and mix. Coat the florets with the sauce evenly.
3. Drizzle with a tablespoon of sesame oil and mix.
4. Toss in the preferred amount of sesame seeds.
5. Throw in a handful of roasted cashews and mix.
6. Finish with some scallions and give it one last stir.
So, what are you waiting for? You don’t even have to heat up your packed lunches. Moreover, it’s especially convenient for you on the days you have to rush your work for deadlines. Hurry and save these packed lunches’ recipes now!