Here are another three simple recipes for lovely steamed food. A home-cooked comfort food will never fail to impress your family and friends. Furthermore, steamed food is easily one of the healthiest food recipes you can have out there. Yet, the taste often rivals food cooked using other techniques. So, remember to save these recipes and prepare for a great meal you know you’ll receive praises for.
1. Steamed Egg with White Clam
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 200 grams of white clams, a suitable amount of ginger, a suitable amount of shallots, a suitable amount of sesame oil.
1. Boil ginger and onion in water.
2. Then, put in cleaned white clams. Cook until slightly open.
3. Whisk the eggs and mix with 150ml of water used to boil white clam.
4. Put some oil on the plate and place the boiled white oysters.
5. After that, pour the sieved egg liquid.
6. Cover with wrap and place in water.
7. Steam for 10 minutes until the egg is solidified.
8. In the end, pour some sesame oil on top.
2. Ham, Garlic & Steamed Baby Chinese Cabbage
Ingredients: baby Chinese cabbage, chilli, onion, garlic, ham, oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt, starched water.
1. First, wash and drain the baby Chinese cabbage. Place on the chopping board.
2. Then cut the root of the dish and cut the whole plant.
3. Next, place on the steaming pan and steam in the pan for 6-8 minutes until cooked.
4. While steaming the vegetables, wash the chillies and dice them afterwards.
5. Also, wash the diced green onions, and peel the garlic cloves.
6. Heat up the wok and do not put oil. Instead, put the all the ham. Fry until there is oil coming out.
7. Place the cooked ham on chopping board and cut into strips.
8. Take out the steamed baby Chinese cabbage. Keep the water left from steaming to be used later.
9. Then, spread the ham on top of the steamed baby Chinese cabbage.
10. Heat the wok with oil left from frying ham.
11. When the temperature is high, stir-fry the chillies and the garlic.
12. Pour the leftover steamed water into the wok to boil.
13. Add in fresh soy sauce, white sugar, salt seasoning and starched water.
14. Afterwards, stir the cooked gravy and pour it over the surface of the ham and baby Chinese cabbage.
15. Sprinkle the diced green onion on top and serve.
3. Steamed Meat Patties With Mushroom & Chestnut
Ingredients: front hock meat, dried shiitake mushrooms, chestnut, ginger, dry cornstarch, cooking wine, soy sauce, salt, sesame oil, water, chopped green onion.
1. Separate the fat and lean meat of the front hock. Chop the fat meat into fine pieces.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of dry cornstarch and a little sesame oil and put aside.
3. Blend the lean meat and ginger together into a patty.
4. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in water. Cut into small pieces.
5. After that, wash and peel the chestnuts. Chop them into pieces.
6. Put the lean meat in a bowl. Then, add the fatty meat, the mushroom, the chestnuts and other seasonings.
7. Stir and mix it in one direction until it is sticky.
8. Place the mixed meat patty onto a plate. When the water in the steamer has boiled, move the plate into the steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
9. After turning off the heat, sprinkle with the chopped green onions and serve hot.